Review: 'Oh My God! Am I Alright?' Suzy Saliba

Intrigued by the book 'Oh my God, am I alright?'  After meeting you Friday night and receiving my copy, I've had a weekend of single handedly (literally), doing housework and cooking for my family with your memoir in one hand and working with the other.....I just couldn't put it down!!

Last weekend, I experienced emotions and been moved like never before. I laughed and giggled with you in your funniest moments, shared your happiness at your greatest and finest moments. Yet, felt sorrow and despair with you at your weakest point and sad moments during your heartaches and heartbreaks....your deepest and darkest moments!   And felt  the unconditional and pure love of those most beautiful words....the ones that ultimately saved your life!!  

What a journey this has been for you!! The highs and lows, the trials and tribulations; the realisation, growth and development and enlightenment of human condition and lifestyle. You have inspired me, as a 'straight' person, and as a person who is also a Lebanese Catholic Maronite, and I must admit, changed my views on homosexuality.  Yes, it may very well be the way they're born, and most probably not something they've acquired. 

And to think that there are probably so many others in the same situation as you struggling with the same pain or chain of events you endured, who should now be able to know that it's ok, I think once they have read your story, you will most certainly be the one who shows them the way through the darkness, no matter how tough it may seem to them to reveal their true identities. You will be providing them the courage and the will to step forward and be who they truly are. 

You're a beautiful person with a heart of gold who tells it like it was and nobody has the right to neither judge or condemn you.....but rather, congratulate you because "Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction, ends up being the biggest step of our life"!

When we let go if the rigid rules and fixed idea of how we think our life should look, barriers begin to break down and new and wonderful things come into our lives in the most unexpected of ways... Michael, this is your life and this is your story!  Your real life experiences and encounters. This is who you are and the way you were created; we need to accept and respect you. 

There will always be the critics and haters and those you judge; but, it will be exactly as you stated in the book "it's between me and my God".

O my God, you ARE alright!! And don't ever settle for anything less or let anyone convince you otherwise. The sweetest things in life are love and happiness, and may you always have both, abundantly!!

Wishing you the very best of luck and every success with your memoir, and as you move toward the next chapter life brings your way ......you most certainly deserve it. 

May you be an inspiration to many !!

Suzy xx

Comments